What Need to be done when there is a Boiler Leakage
Is your gas boiler leaking? If yes, then you should not even try to repair it by yourself since it can be very risky to work with gas. It is extremely important to find out the major cause for your boiler leakage. For this, you may need to hire an engineer who can help with proper diagnosis and carry out the necessary repair. Read to find out what you should do if there is a boiler leakage.
- Corrosion – This is the most common cause for boiler leakage. If the pipes have corroded, then this will enable water to break out, thus causing inefficient running and loss of pressure. If the corrosion is extensive, then you may need to replace the boiler. This is usually inexpensive and safer than spending money in solving different problems.
- Pressure valve – If there is a leakage from the pressure valve, then this indicates that the boiler’s pressure is extremely high. When the pressure gets excessive, the water leakage from the pressure release valve will produce excess pressure and that can break the boiler. The accumulation of limescale or other debris might cause the boiler’s pressure to increase, thus reaching a risky pressure level.
- Temperature valve – If there is a leakage from the temperature valve, then this might mean that the boiler’s temperature is very high. This often occurs due to the fault of temperature sensors within the boiler. Make sure you replace them in order to prevent scalding water from being sent out of taps and causing a severe injury.
- Pipe fittings – If there are leaks from pipe fittings, then this might be the sign of an improperly fitted boiler. You need to get help from an engineer who may bring the boiler up to the code though this cannot be possible all the time. Depending on how poorly the installation process has been done, you might have to replace the boiler completely.
- Pump seals – In case of leaks from pump seals, you will have to hire an engineer for either resealing or replacing the pump.
Apart from the ones discussed above, if you find a leakage in the boiler, look for an engineer who performs regular servicing to detect problems early before they turn serious.